Sunday, June 02, 2013

The Doctor is Dead; Long Live The Doctor

One man's ending is another man's beginning.  I could care less if The Doctor is black, white, or green (seriously, he's an alien, so he could be green).  I don't care if The Doctor is male or female, or somehow both (seriously, he's an alien, so s/he could be both).  All I care about is that The Doctor is played by a great, great actor who can bring the goofy and the gravitas.  And it would help if he or she were not already stuck in my mind as another iconic character (so, sorry Stringer Bell and Bilbo Baggins/John Watson/Arthur Dent).

So let's give it up for a man who knows how to play a character whose first name is "The".  Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, Dalaks and Cyberpersons of all ages, I give you....


...Chiwetel Ejiofor.

C'mon, Internet, let's make this happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment