Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Maybe We Don't Have To Go Back, Kate!

Hey, Lost fans, just an idea here that cropped up while working on a real recap of Happily Ever After---but what if fixing things will not require erasing the Sideways World?  What if fixing things merely means remembering who you really are in the Sideways World?  What if it means remembering what happened and squaring things, with "squaring things" not meaning they have to go back to the world in which it happened? 

Maybe they just have to remember that world, and then finish off their respective destinies in the Sideways World.

"Maybe we don't have to go back, Kate!"

Yeah, I have no freaking clue as to how that would work when it comes to crushing Smocke, but I'm just wondering.  I'm just spit-balling.  I feel like so many of my theories came true last night, but they came true so much earlier than I ever thought they would, and in such an unexpected way, that I am almost at a loss as to what comes next.  At least, what comes next in a Big Theory of Everything Lost manner.  I had the war moving to Sideways Land after next week's episode, but I didn't think it was going to be taking place simultaneously with the Island War.

Now that it appears that is to be so, hmmmmm??????

I feel like I can predict a few mundane things now, bits and pieces of action, but I think the end game is still wide open.  Will the Island continue?  Will there be a new Jacob (Jackob?), a new MiB (Des or Sun?), and a return to corpsicle status for so many Losties?

Or will they find a way to purify the Sideways World?  Can there be both resolution in the Island World, via Smokey's destruction, and happily ever after in a more self aware Sideways World?

Much more later, in a full blown recap coming tonight (probably tonight, anyway).

Until then, you all (everybody).

No comments:

Post a Comment